Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lovin' From the Oven

I have always LOVED cookie dough. It used to be that I never made cookies. Just the dough. And we ate that happily because on the rare occasion I did bake the dough, the cookies turned out flat and everyone that would walk into the kitchen to see them would scrunch up their nose at the sight of them. They were really that gross looking.

Well my friends, the days of cookie dough but no cookies are over. I have perfected the art of chocolate cookies. Just ask my loved ones and they will tell you that they really are perfect! Of course I've had some mentors, one of which is Eric's talented mother. When the Grandkids are over, the chocolate chip cookies HAVE to be made! They just have to be. My husband's brother has also perfected the art, and when people ask him, "How come your cookies are so much better than mine?" He answers, "Yours aren't made with love." (hehe!) And that is true. Love is a very important ingredient that many overlook.

Now, I'm starting this blog off with a bang, because I'm going to let you in on my secrets! Shhh...
OK, I will only give them to you if you will give me all of the credit when you make them.

I use this recipe.
Instead of butter, I use butter flavored Crisco.
Then, I add an extra 1/4 cup of flour and 2 tsp. water
(read on for more secrets) Here's my son cracking the eggs that are fresh from our chicken coop.
(the coop will be explained in a later post)


Here's another secret: I dip the balls of cookie dough in sugar before placing them on the pan. It makes them beautiful. (I only have a point and shoot camera, so pretend that the picture quality is awesome)


Here's where the love comes in: I *lovingly* place 3 extra chocolate chips on top of the dough before I bake them.



And bake them for 2 minutes less than the cooking time says.

That's it folks. They are yummy, yummy! Watch your family devour these in minutes.
I should pretty much be your favorite blog now.

No comments:

Post a Comment