Friday, June 12, 2009

Strawberry Daiquiri

My husband and I went on a fun little cruise last year along the California coast and in to Mexico; just the two of us. I had such a great time! We were gone 4 days, went to some fun places, went snorkeling in Catalina, bartering in Ensenada, boogie boarding in San Diego, and drank our fair share of virgin strawberry daiquiris. I seriously came home craving them.

I fooled around with a couple of ideas on how to make a virgin strawberry daiquiri, and I think I have a pretty good recipe goin' on. It's really sweet, but it suits my taste buds! If it is too sweet for you, you can add fresh strawberries with a little bit of sugar instead of the jam. I've done that before, as well. I really just play around with this recipe every time I make it.

Here you go:
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup strawberry freezer jam
  • 6-8 ice cubes
  • 1/8 cup lime juice
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice (optional)
Mix all ingredients in a blender. Add more jam to make it sweeter, more pineapple juice or lime juice if it's too thick or you can add a little bit of water.

It's yummy enough to make me feel like I'm back on Catalina Island every time I take a sip. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment