Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Daily Cleaning Schedule

When I started this stay at home mom stuff with my first child, I realized that I had so much time on my hands! I went from working 45 hours a week managing a clothing store, to being at home raising this cute little round ball of energy. I had so much time on my hands, in fact, that I really got nothing done. Are any of you like me? The more I have to do, the more I get done. The less I have to do, the lazier I am. We'll say that the cleaning and laundry got put on the back burner and I spent my time lounging about, going to every park in the city, long walks, and a nap everyday! (Now that was the life!)

So, like I said, nothing was getting done around the house and I realized that, "Oh, yeah...that's my job." The house doesn't clean itself, and dinner doesn't just appear. (Let me know if you find some way for those things to happen, though!)

I got down to business. I wrote down every chore that needed to be done every week. Then, I broke the chores up into manageable chunks that needed to be done daily, and to my amazement I still had time to lounge about and go to the park and my house was sparkly clean all of the time. (Ok, maybe not...but close!)

Do I follow the schedule exactly every day? No. But it helps me stay on top of my home so that I don't spend a huge chunk of time cleaning EVERYTHING at once. Although that does happen sometimes...

Here's the schedule:
Photobucket

Let me explain a few of the jobs. I make sure that I do at least two loads of laundry a day. It's the first thing I do in the morning--Put a load of laundry in the washing machine. It's also the last thing I do before bed. You'll notice that the last chore every day is "Wash clothes worn today". I take the PJ's from the night before and the clothes that every one wore that day and I wash them and put them in the dryer before bed. This has made it so much easier to stay on top of the laundry. Then, in the morning after I put a load in the washer, I take out the clothes from the dryer and fold them and put them away.

There are also things that I didn't list-obviously-because the list would be HUGE! I just figure that I know that I do the dishes every day and I clean up the play room every day. Things like that.

One tip that I learned from FLY LADY is to always go to bed with your sink sparkling and clear of any dishes. This habit, alone, helps me to start the day off right. Who wants to wake up to a sink full of dishes to be washed? Definitely not me!

Look over the list and feel free to copy it or make one of your own. This list has been one of my life savers, and now I hope it will benefit you!
Happy Cleaning!

1 comment: